Phase One of a project to restore and enhance Rosewarne House continues to make good progress.
The five-year project, which is divided into three phases, will see the Grade II* Listed building repaired and refurbished, to provide new accommodation. In addition, new apartments and cottages will also be constructed on land around the House.
Work began on the project in January 2013. Once work is complete, the site will comprise 23 new dwellings, including a mix of apartments and cottages, as well as six grand apartments situated within the main house.
Phase One of the project includes the construction of the new apartments; whilst Phase Two will see the erection of the cottages and stable yard. Phase One is currently scheduled to reach completion in summer 2014 with an opening launch date set for 26th April 2014.
The final phase of the project involves the restoration of Rosewarne House, including the installation of the grand apartments. To complete the project some landscaping work will take place across six acres of park land.
When work began on the project, Rosewarne House was in a derelict state, so one of the key elements which kick-started the project was the installation of a new roof on the house. This work took place whilst Listed Building Consent was being granted for the site.
LAP Architecture & Conservation is providing all architectural work on the scheme, whilst Price Properties Construction Ltd is the main contractor on the restoration. Adam Jones Woods is the main contractor on the new build elements of the project.
Discussing the project LAP Architecture & Conservation Architect, Lesley Price, said:
“The first block is now up on Phase One and we are currently preparing for the interior fit-out work. Traditional materials of block are being used, with render and granite, and a slate roof.”
“We have completed many small developments in the past, but this is the biggest project that we have ever conducted. The main purpose of this project is to save this building, which is absolutely wonderful. Rosewarne House was built in 1815 – 1820, then restored by the Holman family in 1911. The Holman family once employed many of the people in Cambourne, so Rosewarne House is a very important building for the local community.”