Web Banner
SignUK

Seddon Construction, a family-owned construction firm and property developer, have offices in the Midlands, the North West and South West.

They established G & J Seddon, a bricklaying company, in 1897 and since then the company has burgeoned.

The business now delivers over £160 million of building projects across the UK and employs almost 800 staff. The Seddon Group comprises Seddon Construction, Seddon Developments, Seddon Care Partnerships, Seddon Housing Partnerships and Seddon Homes. Their services include new build projects, refurbishments, painting and maintenance jobs and energy solution services.

The sectors the company serve include housing, healthcare, education, commercial, retail and industrial, heritage and ecclesiastical and hotels and leisure. The team has been involved in many projects over the years and is always keen toensure a consistently high quality of service through continuous assessment and improvement.

Highbury Hospital project, in Nottingham, involved a phased redevelopment of the existing hospital, in order to provide elderly care, mental health wards and intensive care units. The scheme cost £23 million and was executed over four phases on behalf of Highbury Health Ltd.

Another project that comprises part of Seddon’s extensive portfolio is the Longsight regeneration scheme. Works spanned a mix of tenures and was carried out over multiple phases. The £14 million Brownfield residential development represents Seddon’s ability to work in partnership with local authorities; in this case with Great Places House Group and Seddon Homes. The Design and Build contract took just under two years to complete and the project architect was Nicol Thomas and Bowker Sadler Partnership.

A final example of Seddon’s work from their impressive portfolio is the renovation project they undertook at Bolton School for Boys, which teaches those in Infant and Junior School. The team delivered the scheduled works on time and in budget, managing to complement the buildings Grade II Listed surroundings. The £5.45 million project commenced in May 2008 and reached completion in April 2009.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply