Café en Seine – The Renaissance of Dublin’s Most Loved Bar
Dublin-based design studio, MILLIMETRE DESIGN, has just completed the refurbishment of one of Ireland’s most iconic venues, Café En Seine. The transformation is stunning and is complemented by MILLIMETRE’s redesign of the venue’s logo, signage and printed menus.
The space has been completely re-imagined to ensure it caters for the modern customer. Everything from the venue layout, to the food offering to the drinks service has the customer in mind.
“As one of Dublin’s most beloved venues, reinvigorating Café en Seine’s 1,900 sq.m of prime real estate, demanded a strategic and bold approach”, says Ronan Holohan, Managing Director, MILLIMETRE DESIGN. “The venue layout has been enhanced to maximise usage of the space as well as customer enjoyment of the venue. We opened up the back of the building to create a second entrance to the venue and enhanced the buildings’ kerb appeal to help pull in more punters from its busy Central Dublin environs”.
The new Café En Seine can now be accessed from Anne’s Lane, where customers enter the venue into a Parisian inspired, indoor street garden, complete with traditional stone facades, faux shop fronts and 7-metre high trees. This unique 11-metre high space features a retractable roof that can be opened during hot, sunny days and which provides an all-year round, al fresco experience. The area is multifunctional, allowing customers to enjoy a casual dining experience during the day and a lively bar space at night. This area was the most radical structural change in the building, opening up the whole space and adding an abundance of natural light. It is one of the many wow factors in the new Café En Seine.
Another significant change in the venue has been the complete redesign of the main Dawson Street entrance. To address the issue of poor kerb appeal, the design team created beautiful new terrace and foyer spaces. The existing double doors were replaced with bi-folding doors to create a new large covered, heated terrace area. Attractive awnings and contemporary signage create a very ‘French” and very stylish first impression.
The newly designed venue, features several dining experiences along with a host of bars and bespoke event areas. Each area has been designed with incredible flair and with supreme attention to detail. Each area is simply jam packed with bespoke design features. There is so much to take in, that several visits are required in order to fully appreciate all the detailed finishes.
Not to be missed are:
- The commissioned mural to the existing chimney breast in the Foyer is a delight.
- The mosaic floor, the marble fireplace and fine art feature wall, all in the Terrace area, are simply stunning.
- The library, complete with bespoke furniture and a stock of hardbacks sitting on solid oak book shelves, with statutes above, is fine luxury indeed.
- The Dining Room, with banquette style seating, set on a beautiful mosaic floor, complete with ornate Stag’s Head and bespoke Art Deco canopy lighting, is the perfect setting for a more formal French Brasserie/Bistro style dining experience.
- The Cocktail Bar, is incredibly stylish, with continued beautiful timber and mosaic flooring, a gorgeous marble bar counter and an exquisite back bar, complete with fine glass rack and stunning artwork.
- The Grand Bar area, is hugely impressive. The original mosaic ceiling, is truly It has been restored and embellished with oversized pendants and complimentary LED lighting. It makes a breathtaking backdrop to new décor and the stunning Art Deco bar and back bar.
For more information about MILLIMETRE DESIGN, you contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
About MILLIMETRE DESIGN
MILLIMETRE DESIGN is Ireland’s largest interior architecture, interior design and branding studio, delivering bespoke design concepts for clients throughout Ireland and the UK, across the food, hospitality, office and retail sectors.
MILLIMETRE DESIGN employs a world-class team of professionals committed to excellence, client responsiveness and design flexibility. They are highly detail driven and collaborate as required, within large scale projects and with other industry professionals to ensure that projects are delivered within agreed budget and timescale.
From concept to delivery, the MILLIMETRE DESIGN team shape beautiful and functional environments, and build successful brands for their clients.