IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) and Mexico-based Operadora MBA has announced the signing of the first avid™ hotels property in Mexico located in Fresnillo, Zacatecas. Executives from both companies celebrated the signing in a private ceremony in Mexico City.
Jorge Apaez, Chief Operating Officer, Mexico, Latin America & the Caribbean, IHG, said: “The first signing in Mexico of IHG’s new high-quality midscale brand, demonstrates further momentum for avid hotels. New hotel signings continue to exceed expectations, and total more than 100 avid hotels across the U.S., Canada and now Mexico, almost one every other day since launch last year. This latest development demonstrates that owners believe in the strength of the avid hotels brand and the power of IHG.”
German Ongay, Vice President, Development, Mexico, IHG, added: “The avid hotels brand was developed to meet the needs of everyday travelers who are looking for a high-quality, consistent experience from their hotel stay. We were confident this offering would resonate with owners in Mexico, and Operadora MBA has signed the first franchise agreement for an avid hotels location in the market just three months after launching the brand.”
The avid hotels brand was thoughtfully designed for travelers who want a hotel experience that meets their expectations for the type of hospitality they value most—the basics done exceptionally well at a great value.
The first avid hotels location in Mexico will be strategically located at the Paseo del Mineral Avenue at the city’s main entrance in an area known for its commercial and business activity. The hotel will be a four story, new-build hotel with 95 guest rooms and is expected to open in mid-2019. The avid hotel Fresnillo will offer all of the brand’s signature hallmarks:
- The modern exterior hotel design will include an open and airy retail-like entry, a canopy, and will use the stairwell as an eye catching red architectural feature.
- On the inside, guests will find vibrant, open public and work areas and inviting communal spaces that allow guests to relax, work, connect or eat.
- Guest rooms will include sound reducing features for a superior night’s sleep; a dedicated workspace; open, easy-to-use storage. The guest bathroom experience will re-energize guests with a fresh and bright design.
- The hotel will offer a high-quality, complimentary grab-and-go breakfast and marketplace options made for guests on the go.
- The hotel will be equipped with IHG® Connect Wi-Fi with the fastest speed in the industry and the ability for loyalty members to be automatically connected for all future visits, and will also leverage IHG’s state-of-the-art, cloud-based next generation reservation system.
All avid hotels locations will leverage the strength and scale of the IHG parent brand to further drive confidence and assurance of this new brand and will be part of IHG® Rewards Club, an industry leading loyalty program. Guests can look forward to experiencing the first location in the U.S., avid hotel Oklahoma City- Quail Springs, when it opens later this summer, less than one year after the brand first launched.