Masseria Torre Maizza, a Rocco Forte Hotel in Puglia, has partnered with Palazzo Margherita, one of Francis Ford Coppola’s Family Hideaways near Matera, to offer guests a curated journey where they will see the stunning landscape, taste the local cuisine and exceptional wine, take part in private tours, experience internationally renowned operas, avant-garde exhibitions and much more.
Matera, the 2019 European Capital of Culture, and Puglia, famed for its beautiful beaches and gastronomic wonders, are among the most popular destinations for curious travellers this year. Art lovers, foodies and explorers are in for a treat with these two inevitable spots in southern Italy.
The exclusive seven-day itinerary includes a three-night stay at Masseria Torre Maizza, a private boat trip with lunch to discover the wonderful caves and town of Polignano a Mare, also famously known as the birthplace of the famous Italian singer, Domencio Modugno who wrote Volare. Back at the Masseria, enjoy dinner at Carosello, the masseria’s Apulian restaurant and a relaxing massage in the Rocco Forte Spa by one of the expert therapists.
The three-night stay at Palazzo Margherita, a prestigious hotel built in 1862 that has recently been renovated by French designer Jacques Grange will start with a welcome dinner and cooking class to learn the regional culinary secrets. Dining in a typical local trattoria will also be available for guests to discover Lucan cuisine and learn about the sassi, the ancient cave dwellings Matera is famous for. A guided tour of Matera will allow guests to explore the beauty, art and one of the most popular exhibitions, The Renaissance as Seen from the South, featuring over 180 works from the collections of the most prestigious Italian and European museums. After seeing the town’s historic attractions, guests will discover how Italian cheeses are made at a local farm.
The trip to the Italian Mezzogiorno is adaptable and the journey can start from either Matera or Puglia.
The package starts from €853 and includes:
- 3 nights in a Junior Suite at Masseria Torre Maizza
- A full-day excursion, with private boat trip to Polignano a Mare, including lunch with wine, artisan gelato tasting and private guide.
- 3-course dinner for two at Carosello Restaurant, including wine chosen by the Sommelier
- A Puglia Relax Massage for one (60 mins)
- 3 nights at Palazzo Margherita
- Guided tour of Matera, 2019 Capital of Culture, with cheese tasting
- Arrival dinner for two at Palazzo’s restaurant (beverages included)
- 2 tickets for the art exhibition Rinascimento visto da sud
- Cooking class for two with Palazzo Margherita’s Chef
- Dinner for two in a local trattoria (beverages included)
- Transfer from Masseria Torre Maizza to Palazzo Margherita (or vice-versa)
For more information or to book please visit: The Beauty and Heritage of Italy’s Heel