The winners of the Independent Hotel Show Awards, in association with Sky – Independent Hotelier and Outstanding New Hotel – were announcedat the Independent Hotel Show, Olympia.
Nominations were shortlisted by a committee of hoteliers, journalists and thought-leaders* and votes cast by the industry.
Independent Hotelier- recognises the passion of an independent, spirited hotelier, who has made a significant contribution to the industry over the past year. The individual has a reputation for pushing boundaries, creating exceptional guest experiences and driving the luxury boutique hotel sector forwards with creativity and wisdom, as well as being committed to developing their team.
Winner – Adam Rowledge, Georgian House
Adam says: “I’m honoured to win, especially as the shortlist was made up of so many amazing hoteliers. I’m blown away by all the support from the industry and couldn’t have done this without my team and Serena von der Heyde, who have given me the opportunity to do the things that have allowed me to be recognised by the industry.”
Outstanding New Hotel Award – celebrates an independent hotel that brings dynamism and coveted ideas to the sector and has been operating for no more than three years. A game-changer with a unique style, the hotel has influenced attitudes within the sector, whilst providing exemplary service and amazing guest experiences, as well as demonstrating remarkable business efficiency.
Winner – Another Place, The Lake
Will Ashworth, CEO, Another Place, The Lake says: “It was quite an undertaking to open our first hotel within the Another Place collection on the shores of Ullswater, just over a year ago. Our team in The Lake has worked very hard to make our vision a reality – this award is truly a testament to them all.”
James Tweddle, Director – Accommodation at Sky, says: “I was really impressed by the standard of entries into this year’s Independent Hotel Show Awards. The passion, hard work and commitment shown by all the nominees in their entries was clear to see. It provided great insight into how far hoteliers go to creating and maintaining a first-class guest experience.”
The Independent Hotelier shortlist:
- Peter Banks, Rudding Park Hotel
- Will Ashworth, Another Place
- David & Charlotte Reilly Yorebridge House
- Laurence Beere, The Queensberry Hotel
- Adam Rowledge, Georgian House
- Claire Randall, Lucknam Park
The Outstanding New Hotel shortlist:
- Another Place, The Lake
- Palé Hall
- Artist Residence Oxfordshire
- Titanic Hotel, Belfast
- The Mandrake
- Oddfellows On The Park
*The shortlist judging committee members:
- Adam Raphael, Editor, Good Hotel Guide
- Charlotte Evans, Group Publishing Director, Condé Nast Johansens
- David Noble, Director of Hospitality & Leisure, James Hallam Insurance Brokers, Independent Hotel Show sponsor
- Fiona Duncan, The Telegraph & Sunday Telegraph
- James Tweddle, Director – Accommodation, Sky, the Independent Hotel Show Awards partner
- Janet Harmer, Hotels Editor, The Caterer
- Peter Hancock, Chief Executive, Pride of Britain Hotels
- Simon Numphud, Managing Director, AA Hotel & Hospitality Services
- Zoe Monk, Editor, Boutique Hotelier
The Independent Hotel Show is taking place at Olympia on 16 and 17 October 2018 for the seventh time, showcasing the finest of Britain’s independent, luxury and boutique hotel sector. The show is hosting an extensive array of seminars, workshops and key note sessions on its dedicated stages, and providing great networking opportunities with industry experts.